Saturday, September 24, 2011

In the Beginning Was the Word

Welcome to a celebration of all things handmade.  My name is Ashley and I am a Kansas native who finds inspiration in everything from community and simplicity to creation and spontaneity.  

This obsession of craft all started when someone brought up the idea of trying something new for 30 days.  What a beautiful idea - making time and devoting a portion of your daily existence to new experiences and knowledge.  I have been wanting to bring more handcrafting into my life and thought this challenge provided me the perfect excuse.  By no means does my schedule allow me such creative luxury.  I currently hold two jobs and really only have enough time to eat and dream.  

But no matter.  I will make time for Ashley-time and I will challenge myself to make at least one item every week for the rest of the year.  What does this mean, you ask?  This means I will take time each week to slow down and produce something- a story, a work of art, a loaf of bread, a difference.  Whatever it is, it will be made with love and full intention as well as with an eco-friendly and health conscience mindset.  And what better way to inspire me to stay on path than to blog to the world about my at-home adventures.  With my trusty camera and my love for fluffy words, I will be filling these cyber pages with delicious details.

So make yourself at home and feel free to try making these foods and crafts yourself.  Or better yet, I dare you to challenge yourself and try something new for 30, 60, or 90 days.  Never tried growing a garden?  Grab that shovel and do it.  Never tried a raw diet?  Invest in a juicer and go for it.  Never tried meditating?  Or line dancing?  Or mastering the art of bike assembly?  Well, you get the point.  So just step out of your comfort zone, learn something new, and make time to experience life.  You know you will only love it.


No comments:

Post a Comment